In this day and age when traffic can make commutes a central reason to live where you live, El Segundo cuts off considerable time whether heading to downtown, the airport or the west side. Conveniently located just south of Los Angeles International Airport and sitting just east of the Pacific Ocean and some beautiful beaches, and quickly accessible to the 105 and 405 freeways, El Segundo is ideally situated between Los Angeles and the South Bay beach communities. El Segundo prides itself on its excellent schools, quality recreation programs, safe neighborhoods and unparalleled city services. It is also a haven for business, with 13 Fortune 500 companies and a diverse mix of aerospace firms, high-tech businesses, professional service outfits, fine restaurants and retailers.
El Segundo real estate ranges from affordable condo complexes along Imperial Highway and Main Street to multi million dollar luxury homes and everything in between.
- Imperial on the north
- Sepulveda on the east
- El Segundo Blvd on south
- Hyperion Sewage Plant on the west
- Rosecrans divides Manhattan Beach and El Segundo
El Segundo Information and History
- There are no other residential cities that are contiguous with El Segundo
- Residents have priority for recreational facilities within the city
- 2nd west coast refinery built for Chevron – City developed for workers of Chevron – 1st refinery was built up north. Name “El Segundo” stands for “the second” refinery Chevron built. Chevron has a park on the northeast corner of the refinery within the ground for employees to enjoy.
- Two Elementary – Center Street and Richmond
- One Middle School – El Segundo Middle School
- One high school – El Segundo High School
- One new private school – Vista Mar – within El Segundo city limits (eastern side of PCH within the Wiseburn City School District
- Along Imperial majority are apartments / A few townhomes
- Imperial Ave – busy street / Imperial Way small strip of a street
- Main Street dissects the city
- West of Main older homes – first part of city developed
- Closer to Grand – multi-family
- Condos from low $500,000’s. The lowest priced condos are generally in the Pacific Sands condo complex at 770 W Imperial
- SFR from low $900’s up to $2.7M
- Town homes low $700’s to $1.5M
- Lots of remodels
- No standard lot sizes
Want an even easier way to search for homes in El Segundo? Tell us just a bit about your dream home and we’ll customize a home search and send you FREE daily email updates.